This desert is a delicious lemon pie with fresh blueberries and a dab of whip cream.
- 1 package or 9 gram crackers
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 extra large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Grease an 8 inch tart pan or pie plate.
- In a food processor blend gram crackers and sugar until fine crumbs form.
- Pour in melted butter and blend together in short pulses.
- Press gram cracker mixture into the pan with the bottom of a measuring cup, making sure the bottom and the sides are even and compact.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Turn your oven up to 400°.
- With a hand mixer or counter top mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk together egg yolks on high for 2 minutes.
- On medium speed whisk in the sweetened condensed milk until fully mixed.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour the filling into your crust.
- Evenly drop blueberries over the top of the filling. Place in the oven and bake at 400° for 7 minutes. Turn heat down to 325° and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 20 minutes. Keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve, no longer than 12 hours.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.