The maple crunch doughnuts at Cle Elum bakery are worth driving far and wide for. If your eastbound 1-90 from Seattle pull off at the Cle Elum exit and its located at the east end of the small
Goat Cheese Bruschcetta with Blueberry Compote
The Goat Cheese Bruschcetta is a perfect appetizer to serve with almost any dish and the blueberry compote adds a sweet flavor to the goat cheese!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 12, 1/2” thick slices of a baguette
- 1/4 cup blueberry compote (recipe below)
- 12 pecan halves
- In a medium sauté pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until well caramelized, about 10 minutes, stir occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the yogurt and goat cheese until well incorporated.
- Turn your oven on to broil. Place the baguette slices on a cookie sheet and drizzle a little olive oil over the top. Place in the broiler and toast for about 2-4 minutes, watch carefully they will easily burn. Remove from the oven.
- Once the baguette has cooled, spread the yogurt/goat cheese mixture evenly over each slice. On top of the spread, place a dollop of blueberry compote, a pinch of caramelized onions and finish with a pecan half.