I spent my childhood on the waters of the Puget Sound, boating throughout Washington's San Juan Islands and Canada's Gulf Islands. Over the weekend we were at Roche Harbor and I stopped in for
Three Cheese and Blueberry Pizza with Basil and Prosciutto
You can make your own dough or buy it from grocery stores like Trader Joe’s or from your local pizza parlor. Make sure to get prosciutto di parma, its texture and flavor make all the difference. You can add more or less to each pizza based on your preference.
- 2, 12inch rounds of pizza dough, raw
- flour for rolling out dough
- 2 tablespoons corn meal
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella, slices 1/2 inch thick
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 8 thin slices prosciutto di parma
- 1/4 cup basil, roughly chopped
- Put a pizza stone or cookie sheet in your oven and pre-heat oven to 500°.
- On a lightly floured cutting board, roll out both of pizza dough’s to about 12 inches in diameter.
- Lift up each dough and spread corn meal on the cutting board and place dough on top of corn meal.
- Spread the olive oil evenly over both doughs.
- Divide the cheeses and blueberries evening over both pizzas.
- Pull the pizza stone or cookie sheet out of the oven and with a pizza paddle or 2 large spatulas place the pizza’s on the hot sheet and return to the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and top with prosciutto and basil, slice and serve.