Don’t have chicken? No problem, you can easily substitute caned tuna fish, diced ham or Jimmy Dean lite sausage. Also, you can use canned corn and peas. I like to make extra and freeze it , then I have a “pop-in-the-oven” meal at my finger tips!
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1, 10.5 oz can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 6 dashes Tabasco
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, medium dice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 large or 1 1/2 cups chicken breast, 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 1/2 cups pasta such as pipe pigate or penne
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Put a large pot of salted water on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, In a large bowl mix together celery salt, thyme, cheddar cheese, crème of mushroom soup, lemon juice, sour cream, Tabasco, salt and pepper. Set-aside.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook until very aldente about 2 minutes less than the box says.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, peas and corn to the hot pan and allow the veggies to sweat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetables to the cheese mixture and stir.
- In the same pan the veggies were cooked in, cook the chicken over medium-high for about 5-7 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken to the cheese and veggie mixture. Stir. When the pasta is done, drain and mix well with the chicken and cheese mixture.
- Pour casserole into a 9in x12in baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese.
- Broil in your oven for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned.