- 4 strips maple bacon
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon sage, dried or fresh
- 3, 1/4 in thick slices cut in half, granny smith or honey crisp apple, cut remaining apple into quarters and reserve for roasting with vegetables
- 1 cup parsnips, peeled, diced into 1 inch thick squares
- 1 small yellow onion, cut in half and then quartered
- 1 1/2cups carrots, peeled cut into 1 1/2 inch sticks
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Lay the bacon strips vertically on a cutting board and place the tenderloin horizontally on the bacon.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the top of the pork.
- Evenly pat blue cheese crumbles on to the pork. Sprinkle Sage over blue cheese.
- In a single layer, layer apples covering the blue cheese and sage. Beginning at one end of the tenderloin wrap bacon slices all the way around the pork. Continue until the tenderloin is covered with bacon.
- Set in a baking dish.
- Surround pork with apples, parsnip, onion and carrots.
- Pour apple juice and broth over pork.
- Bake in the oven about 35-40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 155°.