Quick Tip: To freeze place in a freezer safe baking dish and cover with foil. Freezer for up 3 months. From frozen, place covered stuffing in a 400° oven and bake for 1 hour, uncover and bake until heated through. If the stuffing seems a little dry, pour 1/2 cup of chicken broth over the top.
- 2, 14oz cans or 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup sweet onion, medium dice
- 11/2 cup celery, small dice
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 pounds Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sage, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme, minced
- 9 cups stuffing bread crumbs
- Pre heat oven to 375 °
- In a large bowl mix together chicken broth, allspice, cranberries and maple syrup, set aside.
- Add olive oil, onions and celery to a large skillet and sauté over medium heat for about 5 min or until onions turn translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Once onions are translucent, turn heat to low and add garlic, cook 2 minutes.
- Add onion mixture to the bowl with the broth.
- Heat the same skillet, over med/high heat. Add sausage, allow to cook for about 5 minutes, breaking up large pieces while sausage starts to brown.
- Add parsley, sage and thyme to the sausage, mix and cook until sausage is fully cooked about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked sausage to the rest of the cooked ingredients in the large bowl, stir.
- Pour the bread cubes in the bowl and stir well.
- Place stuffing in a 9.5 x 16 baking dish.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and allow to brown for 5-10 minutes.