- 1 Cup –Bacon (sliced in to bits)
- 1 Cup – Leek (sliced 1/4 inch)
- 1 Pound -Haricot Verts (or green beans)
- 1/4 Cup –Almonds (slivered)
- In a medium sauté pan, over med/high heat cook bacon until crisp (about 8-10min) stirring occasionally.
- Remove bacon from pan and set aside, leaving drippings in the pan.
- Add leeks to pan with drippings, sauté on medium heat for 5-7 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add green beans to leeks and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate small pan toast almonds over medium heat stirring so not to burn. Toast almonds until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Toss green beans, bacon and almonds together and serve.