The maple crunch doughnuts at Cle Elum bakery are worth driving far and wide for. If your eastbound 1-90 from Seattle pull off at the Cle Elum exit and its located at the east end of the small
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark
This treat is perfect for the holiday’s and so easy to make.
Make Ahead Tip: You can make this candy up to 1 week in advance.
Makes 2 cookie sheets of bark
- 3, 12 oz package dark chocolate
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3, 12 oz package white chocolate
- 12 candy canes
- Line 2 jelly roll pans or cookie sheets a sit pat or parchment paper.
- Add dark chocolate to a medium microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave for 2-2 1/2 minutes, stopping and stirring the chocolate every 20 seconds or so, until the chocolate has fully melted.
- Stir peppermint extract into the melted chocolate.
- Pour 1/2 the dark chocolate on each cookie sheet and spread to the corners evenly. Set aside.
- Smash wrapped candy canes with the pack of a pan. Unwrap and place the candy cane sprinkles in a small bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate the same way you did the dark, making sure to use a clean bowl.
- Once the dark chocolate has hardened pour half the white chocolate over each layer of dark chocolate. Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the candy cane sprinkles evenly over the white chocolate.
- Allow to harden for 1 hour.
- Break off pieces and enjoy.