I spent my childhood on the waters of the Puget Sound, boating throughout Washington's San Juan Islands and Canada's Gulf Islands. Over the weekend we were at Roche Harbor and I stopped in for a
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark
This treat is perfect for the holiday’s and so easy to make.
Make Ahead Tip: You can make this candy up to 1 week in advance.
Makes 2 cookie sheets of bark
- 3, 12 oz package dark chocolate
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3, 12 oz package white chocolate
- 12 candy canes
- Line 2 jelly roll pans or cookie sheets a sit pat or parchment paper.
- Add dark chocolate to a medium microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave for 2-2 1/2 minutes, stopping and stirring the chocolate every 20 seconds or so, until the chocolate has fully melted.
- Stir peppermint extract into the melted chocolate.
- Pour 1/2 the dark chocolate on each cookie sheet and spread to the corners evenly. Set aside.
- Smash wrapped candy canes with the pack of a pan. Unwrap and place the candy cane sprinkles in a small bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate the same way you did the dark, making sure to use a clean bowl.
- Once the dark chocolate has hardened pour half the white chocolate over each layer of dark chocolate. Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the candy cane sprinkles evenly over the white chocolate.
- Allow to harden for 1 hour.
- Break off pieces and enjoy.