I make the frosting up to 5 days ahead. Since the cookies are store bought I keep them on hand throughout the holidays so I always have a quick dessert on hand.
Makes 1 dozen
- 1/2 cup or 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
- a scant 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 24 ginger thins or gingersnaps
- In a mixing bowl whisk together cream cheese, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar until well incorporated.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of frosting on the back of 12 cookies.
- Place the bottom of a un-iced cookie on top of an iced one. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Decorate cookies with the remaining icing.