These Smore Tree Bars are a fun twist on rice crispy treats, make great gifts and can be made 5 days ahead.
If you want to display them before serving I like to sprinkle shredded coconut around the base to look like snow.
- 13 cups golden grahams
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 80 marshmallows
- hand full of red hots
- In a large bowl add golden grahams and chocolate chips.
- Cover a cookie sheet or jelly-roll pan with a sil pat or parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add the marshmallows and stir occasionally. Once the marshmallows are pretty well melted stir constantly to get any lumps out.
- Pour the melted marshmallows over the golden grahams and mix well.
- Scrape all of the mixture out onto the greased cookie sheet.
- Spray your hands with non-stick spray and press the mixture down until it is evenly1 inch thick.
- Allow sit for 1 hour before cutting out the trees.
- Once cooled, use large to small star cookies cutters to cut out each layer of the trees.
- Place the largest star on the bottom and the smallest star on the top.
- Decorate the tips with red hots.