This appetizer is the ultimate in make ahead. Arrange the platter up to a day ahead, keeping the bread separate. When you are ready to serve, put the platter out on the counter finish with the bread and serve.
This can be out for several hours with out refrigeration.
- 8 oz or 2 large balls fresh mozzarella cheese
- 5 dates, sliced and half and pit removed
- 10 slices prosciutto
- 1 cup pitted mixed olives, in a small bowl
- 1 1/2 cups marinated artichokes, in a small bowl
- 1/2 pound Brie3/4 pound White cheddar, sliced thin
- 1/2 pound blue or gloucester cheese
- 1/2 pound parrano or gouda cheese, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds salami
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- Slice each mozzarella ball into 5 slices.
- Lay half of a date on each slice of mozzarella. Wrap each mozzarella and date with a slice of prosciutto.
- On a large platter place the bowls of olives and artichokes in the middle.
- Arrange cheeses, salami, prosciutto wraps, tomatoes and bread around the olives and artichokes.