I spent my childhood on the waters of the Puget Sound, boating throughout Washington's San Juan Islands and Canada's Gulf Islands. Over the weekend we were at Roche Harbor and I stopped in for a
Ricotta Prosciutto Chicken with Pink Penne Pasta
Ricotta Prosciutto Chicken with Pink Penne Pasta Recipe
Make Ahead Tip: Assemble the chicken finishing with the prosciutto, but don’t bake. Keep covered in the fridge for up to 1 day.
- 4 chicken breast cutlets
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 slices proscuitto
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 of pound of penne pasta
- 2 Tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- Pre-heat your oven to 375°.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Lay chicken out on a baking sheet lined with a sil-pat or parchment paper.
- Sprinkle each breast with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Spread 2 Tablespoon of ricotta cheese on top of the seasoned breasts. Top with procuitto. Bake for 10-14 minutes or until internal temperature reaches165°.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to your package instructions.
- In a medium pot stir together the marinara sauce and cream bring to a light simmer.
- When pasta is cooked toss with pink sauce, basil and parsley.
- Serve the chicken on top of the pasta and finish with parmesan cheese.