The maple crunch doughnuts at Cle Elum bakery are worth driving far and wide for. If your eastbound 1-90 from Seattle pull off at the Cle Elum exit and its located at the east end of the small
Kickoff Potato Skins with Chili and Cheese and Bacon and Blue Cheese
Makes 16 Large or 32 Small Potato Skins
Get ready for Kickoff with two varieties of my delicious potato skins, Chilli and Cheese and Bacon and Blue Cheese, two fun twists on the classic appetizer.
Follow along with Jill. Click here to watch a Make Ahead Meals web segment for this recipe.
- 8 large or 16 small russet potatoes, washed
- 7 slices of bacon
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cups mascarpone
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups chili, canned
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Chives
- Pre heat your oven to 375°.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake on a baking sheet for 1-1 1/2 hours or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove from the oven and set- aside until cool enough to handle.
- Lay bacon strips on a baking sheet lined with Sil Pat or parchment paper.
- Mix together brown sugar and cayenne.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over bacon.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes or until crispy. Remove from the oven and set-aside.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, slice each one in half length-wise.
- With a spoon scoop out most of the inside, leaving a 1/4inch rim left with the skin, reserve the scooped out potato for later mashed potatoes.
- Remove from the oven and fill each one with 1 Tablespoon mascarpone (1 1/2 tablespoons for large potatoes).
- Top half of them evenly with blue cheese and cut up the bacon and crumble the cooked bacon over the blue cheese.
- Evenly fill the remaining potatoes with the chili and top with cheddar cheese.
- Place filled potatoes back in the 375° oven and allow the cheese to melt, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven top both with scallions and the chili ones with sour cream.