Makes 20 Mini Pita Pizzas
These Pita Pizza Bites are simple yet delicious and will round out your Superbowl menu perfectly. These bite size pizzas have prosciutto, fresh mozzarella and a homemade tomato sauce. Enjoy!
- 20 mini pitas
- about 4 large fresh mozzarella balls, sliced into 5 slices
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, shredded
- 10 slices of prosciutto
- 5 large basil leaves roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce (see below for recipe)
- Place the pitas on a baking sheet.
- Dollop 1/2 of a Tablespoon of sauce on each pita.
- Top each pita with a slice of mozzarella and 1 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese.
- Broil in your oven on high for 2-4 minutes, watching to make sure they don’t burn.
- Top each pita with 1/2 a slice of prosciutto and sprinkle with basil.
Pizza Sauce Ingredients
- 1, 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon granulated garlic
- pinch of salt
Pizza Sauce Directions
- Stir all of the ingredients together in a medium sauté pan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and smash tomatoes with the back of a spoon. Allow to simmer and reduce for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.