Makes 22 Sliders
Sliders are the perfect appetizer for the Big Game, no matter what side your friends are rooting for, these sliders will be a winner!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 12 oz or 1 cup ground sausage
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar, I use Mr. Vinegar’s vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups yellow onion, sliced 1/4inch thik
- cheddar or swiss cheese, sliced,1 inch squares
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons sweet relish
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar (I prefer Mr. Vinegar’s Red Wine vinegar)
- 22 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- Pre-heat your oven to 375°.
- In a mixing bowl mix together beef, sausage, onion, Worcestershire, garlic vinegar and pinch of salt.
- Scoop into 18-22 large golf ball size balls and pat down into patties. Keep wrapped in plastic in the fridge until ready to cook.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium/high heat add olive oil and onions. Allow to caramelize for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, sugar, vinegar and a pinch of salt. Keep in the fridge until ready to use.
- When ready, heat a large heavy bottomed skillet over high heat. Salt and pepper both sides of each burger and when the skillet is hot spray with cooking spray and a add the burgers. (Don’t over crowd, work in batches if needed).
- Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side to get a nice crust and place on a baking sheet and top with cheese.
- Once all of the sliders have been seared, place them in the oven for about 5-10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160°.
- Slice each roll in half and spread the top and bottom with the mayo sauce.
- Place a patty on each roll and top with caramelized onions.