- 1 pound Asparagus, bend one of the asparagus spears until it snaps, then cut all the other asparagus spears to that length
- Hollandaise sauce (recipe below)
- If your asparagus is thick, with a vegetable peeler, peel off the outer layer from the bottom of the asparagus. If you have thin asparagus use as is.
- Place asparagus in a microwave safe dish and fill with water half way over the asparagus. Microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the water and top with hollandaise sauce. Serve immediately.
Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
Make ahead tip: Make up to 1 day ahead of time, keep in an airtight container in the fridge. When you are ready to use, dollop the cold sauce over the hot food to coat.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 2 pinches of pepper
- 1 stick butter, melted
- In a blender, add the egg yolks, tabasco, lemon juice, salt and pepper, put the lid on but remove the center piece.
- Turn the blender on high and slowly pour in the melted butter. Once the butter is fully incorporated the sauce is done.
- Use with in 20 minutes or place in the fridge.