I spent my childhood on the waters of the Puget Sound, boating throughout Washington's San Juan Islands and Canada's Gulf Islands. Over the weekend we were at Roche Harbor and I stopped in for a
Herb and Parmesan Toast Points
Make Ahead Tip: You can make the butter mixture up to 2 days ahead and then keep in the fridge, covered. The toast points can be sliced and baked 1 day ahead and kept unwrapped at room temp.
You can make the butter mixture in a food processor and you don’t need to chop the ingredients.
Follow along and make this recipe with Jill. Watch the Make Ahead Meals Webisode featuring this recipe.
- 12 baguette slices, 1/2 inch thick cut on the bias
- 3 Tablespoons butter, room temp
- 2 large basil leaves, minced
- 12 parsley leaves, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Place a rack in the top 1/3rd of your oven and turn your oven on broil.
- Place the baguette slices on a cookie sheet and place in the oven.
- Toast on broil for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted, keeping a constant watch on them (they burn easily). Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the butter, basil, parsley, garlic, olive oil and salt.
- Spread the butter mixture evenly over the toast points and top with about 1- 11/2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese.
- Place the topped toast points back in the oven on broil for about 1 minute or until parmesan cheese is melted.