I spent my childhood on the waters of the Puget Sound, boating throughout Washington's San Juan Islands and Canada's Gulf Islands. Over the weekend we were at Roche Harbor and I stopped in for a
Baked Ham with a Honey Bourbon Glaze
The glaze can be made up to 2 days ahead and kept in the fridge.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons whiskey
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard (you can you stone ground)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 fully cooked spiral ham on the bone
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium sauce pot over medium heat, bring to a simmer for about 2 minutes or until all of the ingredients have melted together.
- Place ham in a roasting pan and pour glaze over the top and betweens slices.
- Bake the ham for 40-60 minutes or until heated through.