Make Ahead – Up to 1 day, make the bread pudding through step 3, keep covered in the fridge over night, then continue with step 4. If you need to you can use 1 ½ cups premade caramel sauce and heat with a sprig of rosemary.
- 9 cups Challah bread, ½ inch cubes (you can use day old white bread)
- 6 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grand marnier
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- Place bread cubes into a 12 cup baking dish.
- In a large bowl whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread, toss together. Cover and keep in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Remove from the pudding from the fridge 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake covered with foil for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 20-30 minutes our until cooked through.
- Serve warm with rosemary caramel.
Rosemary Caramel Sauce
Make Ahead –
Make caramel sauce and keep covered in the fridge for 2 days or freeze for up to 2 months, reheat in the microwave.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Place butter and brown sugar in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring butter and sugar to a light boil ,stirring constantly.
- Once the sugar mixture is well combined and comes to a light boil, immediately reduce heat to low and whisk in vanilla, heavy cream and rosemary sprig. Remove the sprig before serving.
- Serve or keep in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Freeze up to 4 months.