- 3 medium chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ½ cup yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2/4 cup green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes, (preferably San Marzano)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 16 soft corn tortillas
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water, cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Gently place chicken breasts into the boiling water, cover and turn off the heat. Allow the chicken to cook for 40 minutes.
- Add olive oil to a large pot over medium/high heat. Stir in onions and pepper, sauté for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, taco seasoning, ketchup and vinegar, stir.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the water and shred with a fork. Place shredded chicken in with the tomato and onion mixture.
- Lightly simmer for up to 2 hours or place in a crock pot on low until ready to serve.
- Place chicken and veggies on a tortilla and serve with your favorite toppings.