This is my recipe for homemade pesto, which is very versatile, from chicken to pasta sauces to panini sandwiches this pesto recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the refridgerator or freezer until you’re ready to use it. It’s simple to make and delicious, nothing beats homemade pesto! Check out my Make Ahead Meals webisode How to Make Pesto for video instruction on how to make this recipe.
Makes 2 Cups
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 4 cup or about 6 oz basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Add pine nuts and walnuts to a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Toast for about 2-4 minutes, stirring frequently (look for slightly browned and nutty smelling nuts).
- In a food processor blend, nuts, cheese and garlic together. Add basil, salt and lemon juice and olive oil to the cheese mixture, blend until well combined.
Be sure to check out the How to Make Pesto webisode to follow along with Jill while she makes this recipe.