This recipe was featured on Jill’s Father’s Day segment on Fox Q13 Morning News which aired on Friday, June 18th, 2010. Click here to watch the video of Jill preparing this recipe and for the other Kabob recipes that went along with this one.
- 6 red potatoes, about the size of a tennis ball
- 2-3 zucchini, sliced into ½ inch rounds
- 2 teaspoons chives, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Soak 8, 10 inch skewers in water.
- Place the potatoes in a microwave safe dish and fill ¾ of the dish with water. Microwave the potatoes for 8-10 minutes or until tender to the touch. Cut the potato into quarters.
- Before you turn your grill on, spray your grill with High Heat Pam and then pre heat to 350.
- Remove a wooden skewer from the water and skew the zucchini and the potato, alternating each. Repeat with remaining skewers.
- Place garlic clove, chive and butter into a microwave safe dish and melt the butter for about 20-30 seconds.
- Place the kabobs on the grill and cook for about 20-25 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes and baste lightly with the chive butter.
- Remove from the grill and finish with salt and pepper.