The maple crunch doughnuts at Cle Elum bakery are worth driving far and wide for. If your eastbound 1-90 from Seattle pull off at the Cle Elum exit and its located at the east end of the small
This dessert recipe is one I like because it’s quick to whip together. I like to start with the boxed cupcakes and make them fun and special by frosting them with homemade frosting and decorating them with festive 4th of July colored fruit including raspberries, blueberries and star fruit. The secret though is filling the cupcakes with a berry jam which makes them pop! I hope you enjoy them!
- 1, 18.25oz box vanilla cake mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 cup blueberry or raspberry jam
- 2, 8oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pint blue berries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 star fruit, ½ inch slices
- Pre-heat your oven to 325.
- Mix the cupcakes according to the directions on the package. Place white or silver cupcake cups into a cupcake pan and evenly pour the batter into each. Bake for 18-23 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl whisk together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and lemon juice.
- When the cupcakes are cool make a small, deep hole in the top of each cupcake with a large icing tip, turkey baster or a thick straw. Place the jam into a small plastic bag and squeeze into one corner, cut of a small piece of the corner and pipe the jam into the hole of each cupcake.
- Spread icing over the top of each cupcake. Top the cupcakes with the berries and top some of them with a slice of star fruit.