I spent my childhood on the waters of the Puget Sound, boating throughout Washington's San Juan Islands and Canada's Gulf Islands. Over the weekend we were at Roche Harbor and I stopped in for
Stars and Stripes Tomato Salad
- 3 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon agave syrup or sugar
- 1 smashed garlic clove
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 pounds grape tomatoes
- 2 cups or 1 pint blueberries
- 16 oz Ciliegine mozzarella (small balls or dice up larger balls)
- 2 Tablespoons basil, roughly chopped
- In a small bowl whisk together balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, agave syrup, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper. Set aside for about 20-30 minutes so the garlic infuses.
- Place the tomatoes, blueberry, mozzarella and basil in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the tomatoes and toss together (be sure to remove the garlic clove).