Whiskey BBQ Ribs
- 5 Lbs (2 large racks) Baby back ribs
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 300.
- Cut 4 sheets of foil 6 inches longer than the length of your ribs. Lay 2 sheets on top of each other and place on a sheet pan, lay the other 2 sheets the opposite way to form a cross. Place the ribs on the foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining ingredients and sprinkle over both sides of the ribs.
- Fold the foil over the ribs to make a sealed package. Bake the ribs for 2 ½ – 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the BBQ sauce (recipe below).
- Once the ribs are fork tender, remove them from the oven and slather with BBQ sauce, place them back in the oven, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cut and serve with remaining BBQ sauce.
Whiskey BBQ Sauce Recipe
- ¼ of a medium sweet onion, finely minced or grated
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely minced
- 24 oz bottle or 2 ¼ cups ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon stone ground mustard
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire
- 3 Tablespoons whiskey, such as Dry Fly
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Stir all of the ingredients together in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.