I spent my childhood on the waters of the Puget Sound, boating throughout Washington's San Juan Islands and Canada's Gulf Islands. Over the weekend we were at Roche Harbor and I stopped in for
Momma’s Egg in a Nest
This takes me way back to when my mom would make this for me when I was in grade school. She would curl my hair every morning while I ate my egg in a nest. I loved it!
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- Lightly butter each side the bread. Cut golf ball size hole in the center of the bread.
- Place the bread and the cut out hole into a small non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Crack the egg into the hole and cook until the egg white becomes opaque, about 1-2 minutes. Flip the bread over, so the other side of the bread gets toasted and the egg cooks.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes depending on how running you like your eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.