This quick and healthy meal is a great one to Make Ahead, everything can be made ahead of time and then cook the chicken, put it on top and serve. I hope you enjoy this delicious rice bowl!
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ Tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium chicken breasts, ¾ inch cubes
- 1/3 cup yellow onion thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup brown quick cooking rice (uncooked)
- 4 wedges of lime
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat stir together the butter, stone ground and Dijon mustards, soy sauce and honey, bring to a light simmer, then remove from heat.
- Place broccoli into a microwave safe dish, pour chicken broth in the dish and fill half way with water. Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes. Remove from the microwave, drain out water and season with salt and pepper .
- Meanwhile, pour oil into a large sauté pan over medium/high heat. Add the chicken and onion and sauté for about 5-8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Place the cooked rice into bowls arrange broccoli around the edge and place chicken in the middle, pour the sauce over the dish and serve with a lime wedge.