Makes 12 cups
This recipe with only 9 grams of fat per serving, with sour cream (I’m using Greek Yogurt) and cheese, rivals the store bought/ restaurant chili at 28 grams per serving. So dig in guilt free.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions, medium dice
- 1 cup carrots, medium dice
- 2 pounds ground beef, 85/15
- 2 Tablespoons garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, depending on how hot you like it
- 2, 28oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2, 15oz can tomato sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon worcheshire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1, 15 oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1, 15.25 oz can corn, rinsed and drained
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large pot over medium/high heat add olive oil, onions and carrots, sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add ground beef and garlic. Break up beef with the back of a spoon and cook for 3-5minutes or until browned.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, tomatoes, tomato sauce, ketchup, vinegar, worcheshire sauce, maple syrup and salt. Bring to a light simmer and cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans and corn and keep low heat until ready to serve.
- Serve with sour cream and cheese.