These are perfect for a party or tail gating, you can assemble them a day or two before your party, just keep them in the fridge wrapped in plastic. Pan sear and bake just before serving.
Tip: Be careful when working with the cut jalapeños, the seeds and the white ribs is where all the heat comes from. I like to wear gloves when cutting Jalapeños so I can toss them when I’m through and don’t risk inadvertently rubbing my eyes with hot fingers!
- ¾ cup fat-free cream cheese, room temp
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup sour cream, fat free
- 1 ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- pinch of salt
- 12 slices of center-cut bacon, sliced in half
- 12 jalapeño peppers
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix together cream cheese, sour cream, lime juice, cumin, garlic and salt. Set aside.
- Wash jalapeños. Slice off the stems. Slice each jalapeño in half from top to bottom, so you now have two halves. With a small knife, slice out the seeds and discard them. Repeat with remaining jalapeños. Once all of your jalapeños no longer have ribs or seeds, spoon in about ½ Tablespoon of cheese filling into the cavity of each jalapeño.
- Wrap each filled jalapeño with a slice of bacon and thread a wooden toothpick through the popper to secure the bacon.
- Place poppers a baking sheet lined with a sil-pat or parchment paper.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
*If you want them nuclear hot, leave some of the ribs and seeds in the jalapeno.