This slim version of the classic artichoke dip will be a hit at your holiday party.
To make things easier, you can make it ahead of time, wrap it with foil and then freeze it (unbaked) for up to 2 months. When ready to serve place in the oven, covered at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbling.
- ½ cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¾ cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 large basil leaves, minced
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- 2 1/3 cup or 12 oz artichoke heats, roughly chopped (you can use frozen)
- 2 Tablespoons light sour cream
- 1/3 cup light cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil mayonnaise
- ½ cup sun dried or fresh tomatoes, diced
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together onion, garlic, spinach, basil, parmesan cheese, artichokes, sour cream, cream cheese mayo and salt and pepper.
- Spread mix into a 9″x9″ baking dish and bake for 10 minutes, take out of the oven and top with tomatoes of choice. Place back in the oven and finish baking for 10-15 minutes or until bubbling.