- 2 cups fat free half & half
- 2 cups 1 % milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 Tablespoons vanilla instant fat-free pudding
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 3-4 Tablespoons rum or brandy
- Pour half & half and milk into a medium saucepan and bring to a light simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk egg yolks in a medium bowl, pour 1 Tablespoon of hot milk and whisk, add another Tablespoon and whisk, repeat with 4 more tablespoons, this brings the eggs slowly up to temperature so they don’t scramble.
- Whisk egg yolks and milk into the saucepan with the remaining milk. Whisk on low heat until the mixture reaches 160 degrees. Pour into a bowl and cool completely in the fridge.
- Whisk vanilla pudding, cinnamon and nutmeg into the cold milk/egg mixture, keep in the fridge.
- When ready to serve stir in the liquor.