In this video Jill shows how to quickly make a batch of home made, whole wheat crepes. Click here for sweet and savory crepe recipes.
Whole Wheat Crepe Recipe
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup + 4 teaspoons milk (I use skim milk)
- 1/3 cup pain Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together all of the ingredients thoroughly. Cover and keep in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place a 12 inch non-stick fry pan over medium/low heat.
- Dip a paper towel in olive oil and brush the inside of the pan.
- Scoop ¼ cup of the batter into the pan and swirl around to make a thin layer, cook for 2 minutes. With a flat flexible spatula, carefully flip the crepe over and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the pan. Repeat with remaining batter.
- If you want to make them ahead of time, cool the crepes and place a piece of plastic wrap in-between each one, wrap with plastic and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Fill each crepe with desired ingredients. To melt the cheese in the savory crepes, place filled crepe on a cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 5-7 minutes.