The maple crunch doughnuts at Cle Elum bakery are worth driving far and wide for. If your eastbound 1-90 from Seattle pull off at the Cle Elum exit and its located at the east end of the small
How to Make Whole Wheat Crepes
In this video Jill shows how to quickly make a batch of home made, whole wheat crepes. Click here for sweet and savory crepe recipes.
Whole Wheat Crepe Recipe
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup + 4 teaspoons milk (I use skim milk)
- 1/3 cup pain Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together all of the ingredients thoroughly. Cover and keep in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place a 12 inch non-stick fry pan over medium/low heat.
- Dip a paper towel in olive oil and brush the inside of the pan.
- Scoop ¼ cup of the batter into the pan and swirl around to make a thin layer, cook for 2 minutes. With a flat flexible spatula, carefully flip the crepe over and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the pan. Repeat with remaining batter.
- If you want to make them ahead of time, cool the crepes and place a piece of plastic wrap in-between each one, wrap with plastic and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Fill each crepe with desired ingredients. To melt the cheese in the savory crepes, place filled crepe on a cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 5-7 minutes.