The maple crunch doughnuts at Cle Elum bakery are worth driving far and wide for. If your eastbound 1-90 from Seattle pull off at the Cle Elum exit and its located at the east end of the small
Golden Raisin Curried Chicken Salad
Makes 20 bite size appetizers
Make Ahead: This recipe can be made up to 1 day ahead, cover with plastic and keep in the fridge until ready to use.
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped into thin rounds
- ¼ cup celery, small dice
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- ½ cup golden beet, peeled, finely grated
- 1/3 cup almonds, slivered, toasted
- 1 cup chicken breast, cooked, small dice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- ¾ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- 20 leaves Belgian endive
- In a small mixing bowl mix together the green onion, celery, raisins, beet, almonds and chicken.
- In another small bowl mix together mayonnaise, curry powder, lemon juice, vinegar, goat cheese, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss mayonnaise dressing with the ingredients from the other bowl. Keep in the fridge.
- Cut the very bottom of the Belgian endive and separate the leaves, (keeping only the larger outer leaves).
- Spoon about 1 Tablespoon of chicken salad into the bottom of each leaf. Arrange and serve.