I spent my childhood on the waters of the Puget Sound, boating throughout Washington's San Juan Islands and Canada's Gulf Islands. Over the weekend we were at Roche Harbor and I stopped in for
Golden Raisin Curried Chicken Salad
Makes 20 bite size appetizers
Make Ahead: This recipe can be made up to 1 day ahead, cover with plastic and keep in the fridge until ready to use.
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped into thin rounds
- ¼ cup celery, small dice
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- ½ cup golden beet, peeled, finely grated
- 1/3 cup almonds, slivered, toasted
- 1 cup chicken breast, cooked, small dice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- ¾ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- 20 leaves Belgian endive
- In a small mixing bowl mix together the green onion, celery, raisins, beet, almonds and chicken.
- In another small bowl mix together mayonnaise, curry powder, lemon juice, vinegar, goat cheese, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss mayonnaise dressing with the ingredients from the other bowl. Keep in the fridge.
- Cut the very bottom of the Belgian endive and separate the leaves, (keeping only the larger outer leaves).
- Spoon about 1 Tablespoon of chicken salad into the bottom of each leaf. Arrange and serve.