This is an easy way to make homemade ravioli. After you make the ravioli, but before you cook them, prepare your sauce and keep it warm.
Make Ahead: Up to 3 Months, make ravioli and place on a cookie sheet in a single layer, wrap with plastic and freeze overnight. Once ravioli is frozen transfer to a freezer plastic bag. When ready to cook place in your simmering water for 3-4 minutes, serve.
- ½ cup mascarpone
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- ½ cup gruyere, finely shredded
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 package gyoza
- In a small bowl mixing bowl, mix the cheeses, salt and pepper together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and 1 Tablespoon water to make an egg wash.
- Using a large cutting board, lay out 10 gyoza wrappers. Brush each wrapper with the egg wash and place a heaping tablespoon dollop of the cheese mixture in the middle of each wrapper. Place wrapper on top of each wrapper with cheese, press down around the cheese and seal to create a ravioli, making sure to push out all air bubbles. Cut with a ribbed heart cookie cutter and place on a tray in a single layer and cover with a damp towel. Repeat with remaining wrappers and cheese.
- Fill a large pot ¾ full with water and bring to a simmer. Place ½ the ravioli in the water and cook for 2 minutes, with a slotted spoon scoop out ravioli and place into your warm sauce.
Browned butter with sage, 1 stick of butter and 2 sage over medium heat until nutty smelling and browned, top with minced sage.
Pink Sauce, add ¼ cup cream to 4 cups marinara sauce.
Cream and crab sauce, in a medium sauce pan bring 1 cup heavy cream, 1 large smashed garlic clove and 2 large basil leaves to a simmer for 5 minutes, turn off heat, remove garlic and basil, stir in ¼ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese and1 cup cooked Dungeness crab meat, finish with minced basil.