Make Ahead: Up to 1 day ahead make pizza following steps 1-3, keep lightly covered with plastic wrap in the fridge.
- 2 pounds pizza dough (regular, whole wheat or a combo)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup pesto (click here for my easy home made pesto recipe)
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded or if using fresh sliced into rounds
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Portion pizza dough into 5 equal balls. Shape and pull 4 of them into “clovers” by making a rounded triangle. Shape the remaining dough into a rectangle for the stem.
- On a cornmeal dusted cookie sheet or pizza stone, place clovers so the points are all touching, leaving an opening to attach the stem. Massage the stem into the clover points to make a complete 4 leaf clover.
- Lightly brush olive oil over the clover pizza. Top each clover evenly with a dollop of pesto and spread. Top with mozzarella and your toppings.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.