It’s March Madness and my Washington Huskies are on their way to the final four. I’ve created three different types of hot dogs, the Rebounder, the 3 Pointer, and the Full Court Press. I like to keep my hot dogs warm in a crock pot covered with water.
Makes 12 hot dogs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoon relish
- 1 Tablespoons ketchup
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup sauerkraut
- In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, relish, ketchup and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spoon mayonnaise mixture evenly over 4 cooked hot dogs placed in buns, top with sauerkraut.
The 3 Pointer
• ¼ cup heavy cream
• ¼ cup blue cheese
• 2 Tablespoons hot wing sauce (such as franks)
• 3 Tablespoons green onions, sliced thin on the bias
1. Pour heavy cream into a very small sauté pan over medium heat. Crumble in the blue cheese and stir until melted. Thicken for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat.
2. Spoon blue cheese sauce evenly over 4 cooked hot dogs placed in buns, drizzle hot sauce over the sauce and top with green onions.
Full Court Press
• ¼ cup sour cream
• 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
• ¼ cup salsa
• 1 Tablespoon ketchup
• 2 tablespoons yellow onion, minced
• ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
1. In a small bowl mix together the sour cream and taco seasoning. In another small bowl mix the salsa and ketchup together.
2. Spoon sour cream mixture and salsa evenly over 4 cooked hot dogs placed in buns, top with onions and cheese.