Makes 4 Burgers
(you can use 1 ¼ cups of pre-shredded cabbage mix if needed)
- 2 Tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- ¼ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ cup red cabbage
- ½ cup green cabbage
- 2 Tablespoons shredded carrots
- In a medium bowl mix together the mayo, blue cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss with cabbage and carrots. Keep in the fridge until ready to use.
Makes ¼ cup
• 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 2 teaspoons salt
1. Mix all ingredients together, keep in a spice jar and use on burgers, meats and chicken.
• 1 pound quality ground beef such as Skagit River Ranch ground beef
• ¼ cup blue cheese
• 4 whole wheat buns
• olive oil
• 1 smashed garlic clove
• ¼ cup franks hot sauce
1. Pre-heat your grill to about 375-400 degrees.
2. Form your beef into 4 even balls, push about a Tablespoon of blue cheese into the center, covering blue cheese and form into even patties, making sure the blue cheese is surrounded by the beef.
3. Sprinkle both sides with seasoning and place on your hot grill. Cook for 4 minutes on one side and flip, cook for another 4 minutes for medium, cook longer for a more well done burger. While the burgers are cooking brush each side of the buns with olive oil and rub with smashed garlic clove, set aside. Put the buns on the grill to toast for 1-2 minutes.
4. When burgers are done, slather with franks hot sauce, place on the bun and top with slaw.