Makes 4 burgers
Make Ahead: Up to one day ahead, make the sauce and form the patties, keep covered in the fridge.
- 1/3 cup canola mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon heaping minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cucumber, finely minced
- ½ heaping teaspoon dill, minced
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl, keep in the fridge until ready to use.
Makes ¼ cup
• 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 2 teaspoons salt
1. Mix all ingredients together, keep in a spice jar and use on burgers, meats and chicken.
• 1 pound quality ground beef such as Skagit River Ranch ground beef
• ¼ cup feta, crumbled
• 4 whole wheat buns
• olive oil
• 1 smashed garlic clove
• 1 tomato sliced into 4 equal slices
• 12 thin slices of English cucumber (the long one with the plastic wrap)
1. Pre-heat your grill to about 375-400 degrees.
2. Form your beef into 4 even patties, sprinkle both sides with seasoning and place on your hot grill.
3. Cook for 4 minutes on one side and flip, cook for another 4 minutes for medium, cook longer for a more well done burger.
4. While the burgers are cooking brush each side of the buns with olive oil and rub with smashed garlic clove, set aside.
5. Remove from the heat top with feta and cover with foil. Put the buns on the grill to toast for 1-2 minutes.
6. Slather the top buns with the Greek aioli, place the burger on the bottom bun and top with cucumber and tomato, put the top bun on and enjoy.