This a great twist on the classic surf and turf and will even save you a few bucks.
Make Ahead: A few hours before make the sauce and set aside. Mix the steak sauce and lime juice and get the steaks ready on a plate.
All of the sauce items are available in a well stocked grocery store.
- 1 medium smashed garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon + ½ teaspoon Mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 1 ¼ teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ¼ teaspoon white miso
- ¼ teaspoon lime juice
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk all of the ingredients together until the butter is melted a miso is fully incorporated, set aside. Remove the garlic clove before serving.
- 2 Tablespoons A-1 steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 4 tri-tip steaks
- 8 oz or about 1 cup Dungeness crab meat
- Parsley chopped for garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat your grill to 375-400 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together the steak sauce and lime juice and slather over all sides of the steaks. Marinade for about 20 minutes, but no longer or the lime juice will start to cook the steak.