Makes ¾ cup
This delicious carmel sauce can be made up to 2 months ahead and kept in the freezer or up to 5 days in the fridge.
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- 2 apples, sliced
- Place butter and brown sugar in a small sauce pot over medium heat, stir to combine and melt the butter.
- Bring butter and sugar to a light boil around the edges of the pot.
- Once the sugar mixture is well combined and comes to a boil, immediately turn off the heat and whisk in vanilla, heavy cream and salt.
- Serve carmel sauce with sliced apples.