The maple crunch doughnuts at Cle Elum bakery are worth driving far and wide for. If your eastbound 1-90 from Seattle pull off at the Cle Elum exit and its located at the east end of the small
Northwest Chef Salad
- ¾ cup mayonnaise (you can use olive oil mayo)
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sweet relish
- pinch of salt and sugar
- In a small bowl mix all of the ingredients together. Keep in the fridge until ready to dress lettuce.
- 9 cups romaine lettuce, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup honey ham, small diced
- 1 cup tomato, small diced
- 1 cup bay shrimp
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 cup Dungeness crab meat
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 1 cup hard cooked egg, peeled and minced
- 1 cup avocado, diced
- In a large bowl toss together half of the dressing with the lettuce. Reserve the remaining dressing to top the salad.
- Evenly distribute lettuce into individual serving bowls.
- Place ¼ cup each of the remaining ingredients on top of the lettuce in a triangle shape in the order above. Each ingredient should take up a 1/6th of the “pie”.