I spent my childhood on the waters of the Puget Sound, boating throughout Washington's San Juan Islands and Canada's Gulf Islands. Over the weekend we were at Roche Harbor and I stopped in for a
Peach BBQ Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups peaches, pitted, pealed and 1/4 inch cubes
- Peach BBQ Sauce (recipe below)
- Pre heat your grill to between 375 and 400 degrees.
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with salt, pepper and BBQ sauce.
- Place chicken on a greased grill and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Flip over and cook for 6-10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from the grill and smother with more BBQ sauce and top with fresh peaches.
Peach BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup sweet onion, 1 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly pressed
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ cups or about 1 large peach, peeled, pitted, cut in half
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Place all of the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Keeps for 1 week in the fridge.