Makes About 6 Cups
- 8 cups honey crisp or gala apples, cored and sliced thin
- 4 cups peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Stir all of the ingredients into a large pot over medium heat. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, stir and cook for 5-10 more minutes or until apples and peaches are tender.
- Working in a few batches, scoop the cooked fruit and juice into the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth, or about 2 minutes. Pour into a clean bowl and puree the remaining fruit.
Keeps in the fridge for 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 1 year.