The maple crunch doughnuts at Cle Elum bakery are worth driving far and wide for. If your eastbound 1-90 from Seattle pull off at the Cle Elum exit and its located at the east end of the small
This is Sushi your kids will love! Sandwiches re-invented, pressed and rolled into fun Sushi bites!
- Sliced sandwich bread, with the crust cut off
- turkey, sliced or cut into ¼ inch thick strips
- ham, sliced or cut into ¼ inch thick strips
- string cheese, cut lengthwise in half
- red pepper, sliced thin
- cucumber, sliced into ¼ inch thick strips
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap on a clean counter. Place a slice of bread on the plastic wrap.
- With a rolling pin and applying a bit of pressure, roll out the bread so it is as flat as possible.
- Layer about 3 of the fillings and mayo or mustard on closest 1/3 of the bread to you. Keeping the plastic wrap on the outside of the bread, tightly roll up the bread, “sushi style”. Squeeze the roll to seal.
- Cut into 4 equal slices.