This recipe is from my “Thanksgiving Remakes” segment which aired on Fox Q13 Morning News on November 21st, 2011. My idea was to help you use your Thanksgiving leftovers in a way that’s creative, fun and doesn’t involve the microwave! You can also checkout my Pumpkin Pancakes and Thanksgiving Shepherd’s Pie recipes which I shared in the same segment.
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed but chilled
- Flour for dusting
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups turkey, small slices or shredded
- 12, ½ inch thick slices of Brie
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup cranberry sauce (plus more for dipping if desired)
- Gravy for dipping if desired
- Lay puff pastry sheets out on a lightly floured board, roll out slightly to remove fold lines. Cut each sheet into four equal rectangles.
- With a pastry brush, lightly brush egg over four of the rectangles.
- Place ½ cup of turkey in the center of each egg washed pastry making sure to leave a 1-inch border, top with 3 slices of Brie a pinch of thyme and 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce.
- Lightly stretch the remaining pastry rectangles and place one on top of each of the turkey filling. With the tines of a fork press around the edges to seal.
- Place on a parchment or sil pat lined baking sheet. Brush the top with the egg and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with a side of gravy and cranberry sauce for dipping.