The maple crunch doughnuts at Cle Elum bakery are worth driving far and wide for. If your eastbound 1-90 from Seattle pull off at the Cle Elum exit and its located at the east end of the small
Cheesy Egg Cups
A fun Easter brunch recipe for kids that adults will love too!
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons mascarpone
- ½ cup ham, diced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 12 asparagus spears, cut 3 inches from the top
- 2 slices wheat bread
- 2 slices white bread
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cheddar cheese, mascarpone, ham, salt and pepper.
- Place 4, 8-10oz ramekins in a baking dish. Pour eggs evenly into ramekins. Pour water into the baking dish so it comes half way up the outside of the ramekins. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place asparagus into a microwave safe bowl with 1 cup water and microwave for 2- 2 1/2 minutes.
- With a chick shaped cookie cutter, cut out 2 chicks from each piece of bread. Butter a small skillet over medium heat, add the cut out chicks and toast on each side.
- When ready to serve, place 3 asparagus spears in the back of each ramekin and nestle 2 toasted chicks on top of the eggs.