The maple crunch doughnuts at Cle Elum bakery are worth driving far and wide for. If your eastbound 1-90 from Seattle pull off at the Cle Elum exit and its located at the east end of the small
Easter Bunny French Toast
Makes enough for 6 adults
- 6 slices french bread, big enough to fit your cookie cutter, 1 inch slices
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Grand Marnier *optional but delicious!
- pinch salt
- 3 Tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 3 Tablespoons pecans, chopped
- pure maple syrup
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar, grand marnier and salt.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and butter the griddle.
- Cut out bunny shaped pieces from the sliced french bread.
- Dip each bunny cut out in the egg mixture and place on the hot griddle.
- Cook for 3 minutes (or until brown) and flip and repeat on the other side, then place on a baking sheet, keep in the oven until ready to serve (no longer than 20 minutes).
- When ready to serve, warm mascarpone in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Drizzle mascarpone, nuts and maple syrup over the french toast and serve.