I spent my childhood on the waters of the Puget Sound, boating throughout Washington's San Juan Islands and Canada's Gulf Islands. Over the weekend we were at Roche Harbor and I stopped in for
Stuffed Chicks Deviled Eggs
Makes 12 deviled eggs
This is a remake of a classic Easter appetizer, Deviled Eggs.
- 1 dozen eggs
- ¼ cup + 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle juice (from the pickle jar)
- pinch salt
- 2 black olives, cut into squares for eyes
- 1 baby carrot, cut into 1/8 inch slices, cut slices into triangles
- Put eggs in a large pot and cover with cold water. Place over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Once at a boil remove from the heat, cover and let sit for 11 minutes.
- Run eggs under cold water and peel.
- Cut the top 1/3 of each egg off and set aside.
- Scoop out the yolks into a small mixing bowl and set the whites aside.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, milk, pickle juice and salt to the egg yolks, mash together until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into a small sandwich bag, squeeze it into the corner of the bag and twist the top, cut off the corner tip.
- Pipe the egg filling into the empty egg bottoms.
- Place black olive eyes and carrot beak in the egg and top with egg white tops.