You can make these a day ahead of time. Follow the recipe steps 2 through 4 , wrap with plastic and keep in the fridge. When ready to eat, continue with steps 5 and 6.
If your tortillas are hard to roll, place them on a plate and cover with a damp paper towel and zap in the microwave for 15-30 seconds.
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound pork
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
- ¾ cup salsa
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- pinch of salt
- 30 small soft corn tortillas
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup queso fresco
- Canned sliced jalapeños, optional
- olive oil cooking spray or olive oil
- *wooden toothpicks
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium/high heat, stir in onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes or until translucent. Add beef and pork and, break into pieces while letting it brown. Once the meats are almost cooked stir in the taco seasoning, salsa, ketchup and lime juice and a hefty pinch of salt. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Lay several tortillas out on a board. Spread a teaspoon of sour cream on the bottom 1/3 of each tortilla, spoon 2 heaping Tablespoons of meat over the sour cream, sprinkle with some queso fresco and top with a few jalapeños (if desired).
- Roll each tortilla up tightly and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Place a cookie cooling rack on top of a baking sheet. Place taquitos on top of the cooling rack (spaced out enough not to touch). Spray or brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes.