I spent my childhood on the waters of the Puget Sound, boating throughout Washington's San Juan Islands and Canada's Gulf Islands. Over the weekend we were at Roche Harbor and I stopped in for a
Blackberry Peach Spinach Salad
Summer on a plate! I absolutely love peach and blackberries together and this salad captures the best of both. If you don’t like feta cheese you can sub in blue cheese. The recipe is for a vegetarian salad, but add grilled steak, chicken or salmon and you have a great dinner salad.
- ½ cup green onion, sliced ¼ inch on the bias
- ¾ cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup peach, pitted, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ¾ cup feta, crumbled
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 10 cups baby spinach
- Toss 3-4 tablespoons of dressing and spinach together to lightly coat. Place on serving platter and top with remaining ingredients.
- 1/3 cup blackberries
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.